COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
- Product of AUSTRALIA (Western Australia) – certified by Australian Government.
- Southern and Indian Oceans – State Fisheries WA, regulated harvesting areas off Augusta,Flinders Bay.
- Factory Processing Address – Lease Area A, Lot 331 Leeuwin Road, Augusta Boat Harbour, Augusta WA 6290
- Registered Establishment Number 1390
BRAND AND CARTON
- All Individually Quick Frozen Greenlip Abalone are packed under Two Oceans Brand in cartons / eskies
- Master Carton Dimensions: 560mm x 370mm x 110mm packed to 10kg
- Master Cartons and inner cartons are 100% recyclable
Cartons are labelled to comply with all Australian domestic and foreign import / regulatory requirements of importing countries at the time of export loading.
INGREDIENTS AND ALLERGENS
- Wild Caught Greenlip Abalone (Haliotis laevigata)
- NO CHEMICALS ADDED
- Allergen: Contains Shellfish
- Greenlip Abalone (Haliotis laevigata) is wild, received direct from ocean reefs and is a fully regulated fishery.
- All product is delivered live to the processing plant by Abalone divers direct from the ocean reefs to the processing facility within 10-minutes delivery time.
- Whole live abalone showing evidence of deterioration are to be discarded or disposed of.
SIZE GRADING, PIECE COUNTS AND QUALITY SPECIFICATION
- Individually Quick Frozen Abalone are graded individually to the following size ranges by piece count
- IQF 10 grams
- 20 grams IQF 20 grams
- 30 grams IQF 30 grams
- 40 grams IQF 40 grams
- 50 grams IQF 50 grams
- 60 grams IQF 60 grams
- 70 grams IQF 70 grams
- 80 grams IQF 80 grams
- 90 grams IQF 90 grams+
FREEZING AND PACKING
- Abalone meat for freezing is individually placed onto trays, ensuring meat does not touch each other, placed in snap and frozen to -18°C or below.
- Abalone graded into net batch weight prior to glazing.
- Glaze with fresh potable water with temperature of water below 3°C. Potable water 3% glaze.
- Product returned to freezer immediately after glazing.
- Master cartons are packed to 10kg fixed net weight according to size range and piece count.
- Products are packed as 100% net weight.
- All product to be held in secure premises for export food products until time of export loading.
- Product to be stored at -18°C or below.
- Production under Registered Establishment Number 1390
- Audited by the Australian Government, Department of Agriculture, Est Rating: A.
- Product is processed and packed under (HACCP) Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Point program and (GMP) Good Manufacturing Practice.
- Two Oceans Brand Individually Quick Frozen Greenlip Abalone are labelled with BEST BEFORE as 24 months from production date.
- Production dates and Best Before dates are labelled as: DD/MM/YYYY
Product should be succulent when thawed and have a firm texture. The odour should be fresh and consistent. Do not refreeze once defrosted.
- Total Viable Aerobic Count
- Coagulase Positive Staphylococci
- Vibrio parahaemolyticus
- Presumptive E. coli
- ≤ 1 mg/kg residue
- ≤ 2 mg/kg residue
- ≤ 0.5 mg/kg residue
- < 100 000 cfu/g
- < 100 cfu/g
- Not detected in 25g
- <3 cfu/g
- <3 cfu/g
- Not detected in 25g
➔ TAIWAN: Conforming with Taiwan FDA standards 2012
➔ JAPAN: Conforming with Japanese Microbiological Standards for Imported Seafoods
➔ EU: Conforming with EU standards for Food Imports 2012
- Health Certificates are issued by the Australian Government as verification that Two Oceans Abalone Ltd. operates under an approved HACCP program in compliance with Federal regulations.
- All export shipments are certified that all product has been handled, processed, identified, stored and transported following HACCP Principles and have implemented Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) in accordance with the laws of Australia.