If you have a love of the ocean and everything in it, now is the time to join Rare Foods Australia and its unique seafood operation. Be a leader in our specialist dive team and help us change the sustainability of seafood around the world.
Our Seafood Industry Divers
Our ocean ranch is nurturing and growing Greenlip Abalone for distribution to international chefs around the world. A unique and specialist process, perfected through the years, requires expert hands to manage its journey.
Our Seafood Industry Divers are part of our specialist operations team to support the ongoing management of our Greenlip Abalone. Our divers deliver our juveniles abalone from their hatchery, maintain the artificial reef, and hand-pick our harvests that are processed in our custom-built facility for careful onward handling through our distribution channels.
You will be exposed to a variety of hands-on tasks and initiatives, including
- The processes to take the on-land juvenile abalone and deploy them on our artificial reef
- Maintaining the full length of our artificial reef
- Selectively harvesting to meet our customer needs
- Constantly participating in ways to work safer
- End to end maintenance of the marine and surface equipment
The role is hands-on, team orientated, fast-paced, and offers an opportunity to join a dynamic, growth-focused seafood business.
If you enjoy innovative thinking, and the constant challenge to get better, we’d like to hear from you. This opportunity will allow the right person to blend their diving skills, with a passion for seafood animals and grow into leadership roles in an exciting business.
The role will require the successful candidate to reside in Augusta or regional centres in proximity. For those relocating from outside Western Australia, we do have free rudimentary accommodation available, to support their transition over the first 3 months of their employment.
How We Reward
This is a full-time role that provides 4 weeks of annual leave, along with personal leave and statutory superannuation. As our diving work is weather-related, we provide an attractive retainer based on a 76-hour fortnight, along with hourly and penalty rates.
As an ASX listed company, we also offer all employees companywide incentives based on overall business performance.
In your covering letter please provide the following information about yourself:
- ADAS Part II Diver or Part II Dive Supervisor qualification
- Aquaculture AS2815-2 restricted
- General Work Diver qualification
- Commercial diving medical certification (AS2299)
- Current First Aid and Oxygen providers certificates
- Drivers Licence (manual)
Desired experience and further qualifications
- Employment history as a commercial diver
- LR Truck Licence or higher
- Forklift Licence
- Commercial Vessel Operator Certificate (Minimum Exemption 38)
- Experience working with marine animals/life
How to Apply
This is a fantastic opportunity for ADAS divers wanting to grow into leadership roles in a performance-based work culture.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit a CV and covering letter (including the information which has been requested) via the “APPLY NOW” prompts on our Careers page.
Initial enquiries are welcome and can be directed to: [email protected]
The Company will only consider candidates who have unrestricted eligibility to work in Australia and will move and reside in Augusta or the surrounding region.