Are you a motivated sales manager seeking to advance your career in a fast-growing, export-focused, ASX-listed premium produce business with globally recognised sustainability practices?
As part of our growth strategy, we are seeking an ambitious General Manager – Sales.
Joining our team means being part of a unique company committed to excellence, innovation and creating a positive impact in the world.
Who We Are
Rare Foods Australia (RFA) was founded on its innovative approach to sustainably produce highly sought-after wild-caught greenlip abalone off the pristine coast of Western Australia (WA).
Our wild-enhanced fishery has earned the coveted Marine Stewardship Council (MSC) certification and our harvest from this globally unique fishery carries MSC’s blue tick – an internationally recognised symbol of sustainability.
Our founder Brad Adams was last year named MSC’s Sustainability Hero and we were the 2022 winner of the WA Export Awards for Sustainability.
Based on these foundations, we are now building a sales-led business to supply more premium products to the world from the pristine South-West corner of WA.
To fulfil this goal, we’re seeking another hero who can blend sales and marketing talent with a shared passion for making a difference.
Where We Are Headed
Today the business produces more than 25% of the world’s wild-caught greenlip abalone and has the capacity to expand.
With a strong growth agenda, the business has recently integrated other local wild-caught products including brownlip and roei abalone.
Leveraging off its strengths and innovative spirit, the business is among the first in Australia to have completed trials of ocean cellared wine, in collaboration with award-winning wineries from the local Margaret River region.
Having conducted several successful trials, RFA is now planning to scale ocean cellared products and integrate these exciting products as part of the business’s unique offerings.
Your Role in the Team
Reporting to the CEO, the General Manager – Sales will design and implement strategic partner agreements for the business and will have a unique opportunity to create a team from the ground up.
The primary purpose of this role is to enhance and develop the bulk tiered based abalone sales for the business, whilst developing sales strategies to integrate additional premium local products into the business. The successful candidate will work across the entire customer journey including driving awareness and engagement, with an innovative approach to sales to generate top of funnel sales leads.
- Implement the Risk Management Plan.
- Design and implement Strategic Partner agreements for the business.
- Implement the Master Distributor (bulk) sales strategies.
- Enhance and develop the bulk sales forecasting system.
- Develop marketing approaches to support a bulk sales strategy to communicate with all stakeholders.
- Design and prioritise sales strategies to integrate additional rare products into the business.
- Creativity: The ability generate new and innovative ideas to maximise sales in order to meet and exceed agreed targets.
- Strategic Thinking: Demonstrated ability to think strategically and develop long-term sales strategies to drive ROI and meet the overall sales goals.
- Leadership: Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate internal stakeholders to support company sales activities, marketing systems and launch new strategies..
- Communication: Excellent communication skills and the capability to effectively communicate sales and marketing strategies to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to use data to make informed decisions about sales and marketing campaigns and to understand the customer journey.
- Customer Focus: Understand the needs and preferences of RFA’s target audiences.
- Results-Driven: Have a track record in closing volume sales and delivering successful marketing campaigns that drive business growth
- Adaptability: You will be able to pivot sales strategies as needed based on changes in the market or customer behaviour.
- Collaboration: Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams such as corporate development, commercial services and operations to ensure that sales requirements are aligned with the overall business strategy.
- Continuous Learning: You will be committed to continuous learning and staying up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices to create award winning marketing campaigns and strategies.
Skills & Experience
We are seeking applications from candidates who can:
- Work in a fast-paced and frequently changing environment while meeting deadlines and maintaining accurate reporting.
- Lead and collaborate with internal stakeholders on relevant sales and marketing initiatives.
- Communicate in a respectful and professional manner at all times with internal and external stakeholders.
- Meet and better direct sales quotas.
In your application, please provide the following information about yourself:
- Diploma/Degree in Marketing or relevant discipline.
- B2B and B2C direct sales experience, with bulk food sales with export experience and contacts highly regarded.
- Demonstrated track record building key accounts to meet or exceed agreed targets.
- Experience as a key account manager ideally in the food bulk sales sector.
- A strong understanding of articulating sales reports to leadership and continuously evolving key account plans (short weekly updates as well as longer monthly reporting).
- Motivated by the opportunity to develop and implement sales growth.
Join our team and embark on a rewarding career where your skills, ideas, and passions are valued. Together, we can create a future that is filled with innovation, collaboration and meaningful impact. Apply now and be a part of something extraordinary!
How to Apply:
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious Sales professional who wants to combine their experience and make a difference with new bold ideas and make their footprint on the company.
If you would like to be considered for this role, please submit your CV via email (including the information which has been requested above). All enquiries are welcome and can be directed to: [email protected].
You may also apply by filling out the APPLY NOW form on the Careers page of our website.
The Company will only consider candidates who have unrestricted eligibility to work in Australia.
Please note that we are only seeking applications from candidates who are genuinely seeking to be considered for this opportunity.
If you are ready for the challenge, get in touch today!