- Two Oceans Abalone
- 1 piece retail or vacuum pack
- 1 medium abalone
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup fresh squeezed
- mandarin juice
- Thinly sliced capsicum (red)
- 1 cup thinly sliced
- Baby spinach or kale
- 3 mandarin segments (sliced in half)
- Enokitake mushrooms
- Preheat oven (on grill/fan) function to 200 degrees C.
- Add honey to mandarin juice in a cup and heat to blend.
- Open abalone pack, drain excess juice into cup with honey and mandarin. Gently wipe off the sticky residue from the abalone meat with paper towel to remove excess moisture. Gently cross scour the foot, lip and top of abalone meat in 6-8mm lines.
- Place abalone foot down on grilling rack sitting on a baking dish.
- Baste top and edges of abalone with prepared glaze. Place in oven under grill, close door. Re-baste every 2 minutes. Repeat 4-5 times until caramelisation of the top and edges of abalone.
- Prepare bed of salad/garnish with ingredients and serve.
TIP: Last baste use glazing that has spilled into baking dish to achieve nice caramelisation.
ALTERNATE: Slice into 10mm cubes and mix through salad, serve cold.