- Two Oceans Abalone
- frozen whole in shell or live abalone
- 1 abalone
- 125ml rosé wine
- 31g gelatine powder
- 50ml boiling water
- 5g wild scampi caviar
- 1 clean abalone shell
- Boil 50ml water, add gelatine powder mix with whisk, once gelatine powder is dissolved, add all the rosé wine in. Mix in bowl until combined.
- Line the base of baking tray with grease proof paper. Pour in Rosé wine. Place in fridge until set.
- Meanwhile, if using live abalone, place in ice slurry to relax the meat for 15-20 minutes. Using a tablespoon, place the spoon against the muscle at the top of the shell where it is attached, scoop out the flesh, the meat should just pop. Hold the shell down with the spoon and pull the meat back and separate from the gut membrane. You may need a knife to cut the membrane. Using a paper towel dry the abalone meat. Slice thinly,horizontally (to obtain rose flower shape abalone slice) into 2mm slices.
- Once rosé jelly is set. Remove from baking tray, using knife and finely chop jelly.
Place rock salt in centre of plate, place abalone shell on top. Using teaspoon, place rosé jelly. Layer finely sliced abalone into shell. Top with scampi caviar. Or using teaspoon, place rosé jelly. Using 1 slice of abalone, roll into shape of rose and place in centre. Finish with wild scampi caviar on top of abalone rosé.